A communication error occurred: “Operation timed out”
The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.
For assistance, contact your network support team.
Now with the new program we are upgrading our system to a new one, from oracle 8i+dev 6i to the latest oracle db 12c + dev 11g/10g.
in my system: 64bit windows 8.1, office 2013 32 bit.
**Installing BI Publisher.
there are some notes in regard of program installations:
– the bit version of java must be the same with the bit version of BI publisher, if it is 32bit then all 32bit.
– the BI bit version must be the same with the office version, if office is 32 bit then the BI publisher must also a 32bit version, even though the system is 64bit.
– since BI somehow unable to detect the java installation, since they check in wrong registry folder -duh-… so you must export and import the registry setting.
1) first open registry, look for HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment 2) export the registry.
3) open the exported registry using a notepad.
4) remove WOW6432\ so the lines should be: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment. 5) save the file and import it back to the registry.
6) start installing BI Publisher.
– now is that enough? not yet, since when you open the office program, it will only show the manual, but not the BI tab. Now the step is for you to enter the installation folder of the BI Publisher.
if you not change anything, the default installation folder is: Program Files (x86)\Oracle\BI Publisher\BI Publisher Desktop\DotnetInstallfiles. – there you just need to run the setup file.
– now open the the office program, the BI tabs should be there.
I don’t know what’s wrong with our ISP today.
first my lintas arta ISP forcing us to use their DNS server which – with all due respect – is crap, it has no stability, several times a day the dns is not working (failed to resolve domain names), the alternative is by using nawala dns 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206, at least this one is stable.
There are issues happened in my office, and one of them is the rogue dhcp server.
The server is not from our intended configuration.
when we use XP, we usually use free program called dhcpfind, free software from roadkil.net, my favourite for free tools for admin windows, like unstoppable copy program he made. Continue reading →
This tool here iperf or jperf, is the one I find very useful in measuring the speed and reliability of a connection either in LAN or through internet/WAN.
and it is cross platform since it is made using java, you just need to install it in each points you want to test, and one or some of them act as server while the rest as client. Continue reading →
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2014 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
The concert hall at the Sydney Opera House holds 2,700 people. This blog was viewed about 14,000 times in 2014. If it were a concert at Sydney Opera House, it would take about 5 sold-out performances for that many people to see it.