You know there are times when something happened in the microsoft office environment.
like this error happenend when you save the document in office 2010 and put a password on the document.
When you try to open it in office 2007 it failed to open.
And the thing the solution is the same when you save passworded document in 2007 and try to open it in in office 2003.
using this hot fix: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/954572
This hotfix fixes the following issues that were not previously documented in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- In Windows Explorer, you right-click a text file, you click Open With, and then you click Microsoft Excel 2007. When Excel 2007 opens, the UTF-8 characters in the file are not interpreted correctly.
Note This problem does not occur when you click Open on the File menu in Excel 2007.
- When you use the NETWORKDAYS function in Excel 2007, Excel 2007 may crash. This problem occurs when the NETWORKDAYS function uses a closed workbook as part of a parameter.
- You delete category labels in Excel 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1), and then you save the file in the .xls format. When you open the file in Excel 2007 without SP1 or in Excel 2003, the category labels are not deleted as expected.
- When you try to edit a page number in Print Preview in Excel 2007, Excel 2007 may crash.
- When you run the GET.CHART.ITEM macro to retrieve the position of any charts on a chart sheet, incorrect chart point data is returned.
- In Excel 2007, a shared workbook is saved in the Excel 97-2003 format and is protected by a password. When you try to open the shared workbook by using Excel 2003, you receive the following error message even though you enter the correct password:
Excel cannot open this file. The encryption type used is not available, contact the author of the file. More encryption types are available using the High Encryption Pack.
- Incorrect chart point data is returned on a chart sheet or on a worksheet in Excel 2007. This issue occurs when you run the GET.CHART.ITEM macro to retrieve the position of a Pie of Pie chart or a Bar of Pie chart.You cannot resize a drop-down list by using a Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) script in Excel 2007.
- The Edit Links dialog box can be taller than the screen, with many links, and there is no way to scroll the list.
remember to install it in the pc that uses office 2007, and you need to install the service pack 3 for office 2007. you can download it here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=27838