you know there are some strange things happened in one of my client WLM, it was always toggled as working offline. whenever we change it to working online, it always revert back to offline.
after scourging the internet, like always, microsoft link the Internet explorer to their other programs like microsoft explorer and of course their own windows live mail.
so you just go to IE, go to file, and uncheck the working offline option.
so you have windows live essential installed using web installation.
now that sometimes screw up since it will install using the language your system is activated, so the language is not always what we used to.
So how to change the windows essential interface language?
it is simple, use the file named langselector.exe, that is installed with windows live 2011 and 2012.
just go to start menu and in the search column, type the file. (in xp it is run menu).
Just make sure that you close all windows live essential programs before the change can be activated.
Now still with windows live, here I stumble another problem. I use email with windows server. and you know what? Windows live doesn’t support windows server, go figure…
and also since I use remote desktop, windows live mail won’t open if you remote desktop open the windows live mail if in another connection you already open windows live mail.
Back to the main issue, wlsetup.exe file will refuse to install if refuse to install, showing this window:
if you click the show detail button, you’ll see the problem is the OS check: Continue reading →
This is the error I got in one of my client computers:
The error “Windows Live Mail could not be started. Closing Windows Live Mail. Your calendar contains corrupt data that is forcing Windows Live Mail to close. (0x8E5E0713)”
after trying like the solution on error about contact by deleting contact folder (in this I delete the calendar folder), is still not working. So I search on the net and the solution is actually simple, it is because the user access is not allowing the user to access the folder. Continue reading →
Now, we have another problem here in the office. our email client have been changed to windows live mail from outlook express 6. Because like we all know, oe 6 still have bugs that are still not being repaired by m$. Those two fatal one are like the maximum size of an oe folder that cannot exceed 2097 xxx something kb (2 gb), if the folder reached that state it will corrupt the folder and you cannot see again the email in that folder. to remedy that you must extract manually the dbx file that the oe folder correspondent it to, you can see my previous article “undbx” about how to do it. Continue reading →